Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Thankful Heart

Derek and I are hosting our first holiday in our house this Thanksgiving. So naturally on Thanksgiving Eve, I'm running around like crazy. I've got a billion and one things to do, but in the midst of it all, I have so much to be grateful for. This year has been amazing. It has given my family and me so much. Our cups truly runneth over. I'm slowing down-put the potatoes down, Lyndsey; drop the scissors and burlap immediately- to bring you a list of my Thankful Thirteen. Thirteen things that I'm grateful for that have happened or maybe are just "constants" in my life.

1. I'm thankful for the relationship D and I have with my parents. They truly are our best friends. We hang out, we laugh, we drink beers, and we always always have a soft place to land with them.
 
 
2. I'm thankful for days like today, where my windows are open, Pandora is blaring, and a cool breeze is floating through our house.
3. My job. I love my job and all the joy it brings me. I couldn't imagine spending my days any other way. Okay, well, maybe I could imagine me on a beach with a fruity drink, but I digress...
4. My SLJ. Samuel L. Jackson is the light of our lives. He's spunky, adorable, a love muffin to the extreme. And he makes us laugh on the daily.
 
5. Bravo TV. Yes, this is shallow. Yes, this is slightly embarrassing. But seriously. Bravo has gotten me through many a day :)
6. Our Home. We hit the jackpot when we found our house. We've lived here for a year and we couldn't be happier.
7. Books. Books. Books. If I could put an addition onto our home, I would add a library. A cozy place with all my books and big fluffy chairs with soft pillows to read for days. I can think of nothing better.

8. My friends. I am blessed with great friends. Friends who laugh, cry, yell, drink, and make memories doing even the smallest (or stupidest) things.
 
 
 
 
 
 
9. My family. My family is almost too close, some would say. But I couldn't and wouldn't have it any other way. We spend every minute possible together. We are "thick as thieves" as Caroline Manzo would say :)
 
10. The relationship I had with my Nanny. Nothing could ever prepare me for life without her, but the fifteen years I was able to spend with her shaped me as a person. I can truly say I am better because I knew and was loved by her.
 
11. My Husband. He should be awarded a medal for putting up with me everyday.
12. This girl. 'Nough said.
 
13.  I'm thankful that God has blessed my life with these twelve things. These twelve people and places that fill me with smiles and happiness everyday.
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving.
-L
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment