Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Goodness

Today was my first day with kiddos of the new school year. It was a great day! I'll be back tomorrow with some pictures of my classroom, which I have to say, I'm pretty proud of this year :)

We had a last minute family get together Saturday-nothing but good times, sunshine, delicious drinks, and lots of laughs. We always split the meal duties. Derek smoked some chicken and I made a few treats to munch on by the pool and this recipe was a huge hit! It is adapted from a food blog I follow, The Girl Who Ate Everything . I don't think you can ever go wrong with buffalo-chicken-anything and this is no exception!

I'm a firm believer you can cook anything in a wonton wrapper. They are so versatile! My talented friend Cali has a delicious wonton recipe on her blog that you should also check out to expand your wonton-repertoire :)

For this recipe, start by cooking up some chicken and shredding it. Set it aside for later use. Then, spray a mini-muffin tin with a non-stick spray. Start lining each muffin spot (what would each of those crevices called, anyways?) with one wonton wrapper. Just squish them on in there!
 

 
Mix one package of cream cheese, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce/hot sauce, 1/2 cup ranch dressing, and the shredded chicken.
 
It's kiiiiind of going to look gross, but don't let it stop you! It's worth the ugliness, I promise. Once it's mixed, spoon filling in each wonton. Fill each about half full.



 
Once they're all filled, use 1/4 cup shredded cheddar over the top of the wontons. Let's be honest, 1/4 cup was not enough, I probably used more. Also, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles over each. So. delicious.
Cook in a 375 degree over for 10 minutes.
 
Creamy. Delicious. Buffalo-y. Oh my goodness. I can't get enough. I had extra filling and decided to throw it in a small serving dish, cover with cheddar and blue cheese, and bake it at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. We use tortilla chips to scoop the goodness!
 
It is bananas how amazing these are! :)
 
-L
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Let's try to make some sort of Italian or Greek (feta cheeeeese!!!) wonton cups! I'm sure we can come up with something :)

    ReplyDelete