Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Monogram #Obsessed

Summer is coming to an end. My heart breaks a little when I think about that. I don't know if it'll be harder to get up every morning and to go to bed at a decent hour each night. Either way, I'm not looking forward to the schedule, planning, and exhaustion that comes with the first few weeks of school. I am looking forward to a new bunch of kiddos and the laughs we'll have together though :)

Since I've had this summer with no work, I've been organizing and decorating our house as much as I can. I'm always so tired by the time I get home from work and have the best intentions of these home projects that end up getting thrown on the back burner in exchange for a glass of wine and some reality TV courtesy of Bravo. So, summer is the perfect time to get a few projects done!

I'm kind of obsessed with monograms. If I had my way, there would be various monograms in every room of our home. I've wanted to do something cutesy on our front door for awhile, but haven't had that stroke of genius I needed to get started. About a month ago, I received my Very Jane email first thing in the morning and was scrolling through the daily deals when I found this twine covered letter. Now, it probably would have been easier to spend the $12.99 plus shipping on this little nugget, but instead I thought, "I can totally make that!" So, off I went to JoAnn Fabrics and gathered my bounty of goodies to get started. I needed: an "M," twine, black ribbon, and some rustic looking flowers. After coupons and my teacher discount, I ended up out the door for less than $10!
 
  
 
Once you're situated, you just start wrapping. I'll be honest, it takes awhile. And it probably would have been much simpler if our last name started with an L or a T, but alas, M it is. I started with the two straight "legs" of the M, then moved onto the more challenging parts.
 
 
Use your hot glue gun to attach the end of the twine to your letter once you've sufficiently covered a portion. If you have wonky parts like the middle of the M, hot glue as you're wrapping to keep everything in place. It gets a little hairy if you don't :)
 
I attached the flowers with hot glue, as well.
 
Ta-da! Here she is, hanging on the front door!
 
 
Give this one a try for sure! It turned out adorable :)
 
L
 



No comments:

Post a Comment